Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Half-Way Done

Well, today is kinda sad, because the first half of this first week of camp is already over. Along with that realization comes the thought of all that needs to be done by Friday. Oh well, best not to think about that now.
Anywho, today started off weird, because Ari had a doctors appointment today and was gone for most of the camp. It was weird not seeing her this morning. You would think I would be used to it considering we had almost completely different schedules last year.
Camp started with a (failed) challenge of keeping a beach ball in the air for 100 hits, with each of us campers hitting it at least 5 times.
We only made it to 16.
We cam back in and launched straight into LilyPad. I finished my programming and painting my white tiger. I was very proud of myself. Now I just need to sew the components on.
Lunch was Asian food. I felt alone without Ari. I know I have others I can talk to, but my other half is very important to me.
When we got back, we started with App Inventor. We got into groups, and our team name was AAA. I was very tempted to add "batteries" to the end, but I don't know how my teammates would have liked that. We decided to do a Hangman app, and we almost have all the design done, but coding is far from done. we'll have to work on it tonight, but Ari and I will be busy until about 8, so there will be little time. I hope I can finish my bag by the time we have open lab so that I can work with Allison on the app.
Now for today's prompt: Which character from a book would you most like to meet and why? What would you do with them?
Of all the characters from the books I have read, I would love to meet Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson and the Lost Heroes series by Rich Riordan. I would love to meet her because she is a daughter of Athena, which means she is very smart. I would love to go sightseeing with her in Rome or Greece so that she can tell me all about the architecture and the myths. She wants to be an architect, so it wouldn't be too hard to convince her. It's always nice to be around girls my age who are intelligent and are not afraid to be. Well, so long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment