Friday, June 28, 2013

Last day of Camp

Today, sadly, was the last day of camp. I was very sad, but Ari and I just found out that we are going to the residential camp! We are SO excited for it! It was awesome when Linday found out. Her reaction made me feel so awesome. Anywho, now for a relay of the events of the day. 
Today started with me going to physical therapy. Nope. I lied. That day started with my mom and me dropping off Ari at the camp, then going to the physical therapy. I began therapy with the bike, to warm me up. I was on it for ten minutes, and managed to bike a 1.3 miles. This is great because I am not very active and it probably would have taken me longer to bike as much if I had actually ridden a bike. After that, the physical therapist, whom I will call PT, evaluated my pelvis, and she found out that my right hip is rotated, which is probably why my left leg seems longer. So after doing some excercises to try to get the muscles used to a new position, she attached some electrodes to the back of my hips, and put a hot pack on me to relax the muscles. It felt good. And my legs felt even for once. 
When that was done, my mom took me to the camp. I got there while the other campers were finishing their projects. Ari had finished our Alice video, and our NXT snake was done, so we went around and tried to help some people with their projects. When we were all done, we went to practice our presentations. It went well. 
Lunch was so awesome. We had fettuccine Alfredo from Lorenzo's. I prefer the penne pasta with red sauce, but Lorenzo's is Lorenzo's. Galen, our queen, was not there to join us, so we were kind of lost and quiet. We had Linday sit in her chair to try to make up for Galen's absense. It was really fun, and I learned some new things about Linday. 
After lunch, we went to set up and get ready for presentations. We started out presentations and it went well. We started with Alice. I think our project was cool. After Alice came NXT. We showed off our snake, and it was really cool. Here's a picture. 
This was an awesome project to make, and really easy to program. After we presented, he instructors gave out awards. 
Shockingly, the forensics team I was on won the forensics competition. I thought Galen's team would win. We got our own fake blood and other cool stuff. Ari and I will probably try to create a murder scene with what we got. 
I was surprised that I won the "Passionate Programmer" award. Not so much that Ari wine the "Beautiful Blogger" award. After all the awards, I got the Victor's award since I won the Hunger Games that they had. I got this awesome Google Chrome water botte, seen bellow. 
So awesome. After all the awards and secret gifts to the instructors and assistants, we went back to the lab for an open lab. When we were getting ready to leave, we took a picture with the instructors, assistants, and the amazing Becca. I'm going to miss Jen so much. She's so awesome. I hope she enjoys Santa Fe. We gave them all hugs, and left. But not for the last time. We will always be back. Can't wait for the next camp!! 
Camp is so awesome. Any chance I get, I will go to a YWiC event. They got me into computer science, and I can never thank them enough. I hope to stay involved with YWiC, whether as a participant or maybe an assistant or even an instructor! I love YWiC and all those awesome women there. Thank you. So long for now! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry my loyal subjects, lunch had to be sacrificed for the sake of my video! However, i hope to continue to entertain through my blog and im always on my yahoo email so you can find me there. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give me your yahoo email or gmail so I can send you the pic of you and your dolphin.

      Delete
    2. leanastaworthington@gmail.com i just saw this reply so XD but yes i would like that for my blog tomorrow plz! <3

      Delete