Monday, June 17, 2013

YWiC HS Camp 1- Day 1

Today was the first day of the first camp for high schoolers this summer. I'm so excited!!! I love these camps, and this first day was amazing. We started with an orientation, and then went outside for an ice-breaker. Then, we went straight into learning the core concepts.  After doing the revue sheets and posters, we headed to lunch of sandwiches. We came back and played Jeopardy. It was fun, but my team did not win, sadly. Next was my favorite part, LilyPad. I love this program. Now it's time for the blog.
Today's prompt: Describe one time you were brave.
This is a very hard thing to describe, because I am not very brave. I do have one example, though it is not much.
The only time I can think of being slightly brave is when I had to help Arianna when she fell while ice skating in Albuquerque and had to get stitches. I was brave in that I did not freak out when I saw the blood, given that I have a fear of blood. It is so bad that I almost threw up as well as pass out the last time I had blood drawn. Anyway, I also had to comfort Ari when they actually had to put the stitches in her head. I was afraid, but I could tell she was in a lot of pain, and that caused me immense pain, so I decided the rub her back. I wanted to make the situation not as bad as it was, and I hoped I succeeded. That's all I have for now. Can't wait for tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment