Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ache

Today I had to wake up for my physical therapy. I woke up at 6 in the morning and we left at about 7:45. When we got there, we had to wait a few minutes for my PT. I got on the bike and biked 3.2 miles. I was so happy when I made it to my old distance. I was sore, though. When that was done, she taught me some new exercises instead of having me stretch first because she wanted to use a specific table that was in use at the time. All of the stretches were meant to strengthen my back and shoulders. I'm going to have a buff back by the end of this. 
After she showed me those ones, she had me do the other stretches and exercises she gave me. I was sore after we finished. My forearms hurt the most because of tennis practice. I am going to have huge arms what with the exercises and the tennis. I just hope I am proportional. 
When that was done, we left. We went home to get Ari and our violins. I ate a little more and then we left for orchestra camp. We got there a little late, but we weren't the last ones, thankfully. We worked on some more rhythms, and then he had us play our solos that we need to play for All-State. I haven't even really looked at the piece he gave us and so I didn't volunteer to play. I decided to work on it when I got home. We also worked on Farandole and got all the way to the end. I was proud that I could do it but the others kept messing up. I was not happy because I like seeing people fail, but because the two others are stuck-up and think they are better than anyone else. 
During this all, I really had to go to the restroom because of all the water I drank at the PT. The only problem was that these two guys were in the bathrooms, working on them. I finally went after they had left, but I felt bad because they were all clean. Oh, and I am really upset because there is someone who is breaking the water fountains in the music building and turning the nozzle the other way, as to wet people who try to drink from it. I know the kid who is turning the nozzles, but I don't know if be is breaking them. I don't really like him, so if it is him, my dislike will grow. 
So after this, we wen to eat with my sister Karim. It was nice, but I was very tired by the end of it. We came home and I took a three hour long nap. It was nice, but not enough for me. 
When I woke up, we had to go to tennis. We went a little early and just sat in the car. When he got there, all the rest of us were already waiting. We started off with some stretches and then played a game of doubles. The winning team kept playing unless a challenger beat them. After a lot of round of that, we played a new game. There was only one ball in play, so we had to clear the court of any stragglers.  We divided into two teams and went on opposite sides of the court. The goal was to keep the ball in play, meaning that the ball is bouncing at least a little. Every member on the team had to hit the ball with their racquet before the ball could be hit to the other side. The tennis court is enclosed in a fence, so we had all of the area inside of the fence to play in, not just the actual court. Each member could hit the ball only twice in a row, and three times total. After that, it was a dead ball. We played quite a few rounds of that before we left. I am so sore right now. I hope I can get up tomorrow. Anywho, after tennis, Noel and I went to Sonic to get some food. We went home, and Ari and I practiced our solos after we ate. We are good enough to present, but not the best that we should be. I could make a lot of excuses, but I won't. We haven't been practicing because we, or at least me, are too lazy. Oh well. I will practice more now that I know we have to be great by September. 
What to talk about.......hmmmmmmm.... I don't know. Oh well. 
So long for now!!



No comments:

Post a Comment