Sunday, July 14, 2013

Final

Well, sadly, today was the last day of the YWiC camps. It made me very sad. I love all the instructors and Becca especially. She helps our dreams come true, and I can never thank her enough. The instructors were awesome. I know they must have been stressed and that not everything went according to plan or smoothly, but they made the camps so amazing. I love you all!!!!
So the day started with me waking up feeling sad. I didn't know why until I realized that today was the last day. I got ready feeling a little stressed, because Ari and I needed to finish our Alice. It didn't happen, and I think Susi was a little upset. I wanted to finish it, but we were far from being done. I don't think it could have topped the YMCA video we made last camp. Ari and I plan on doing an Alice video (if we have time) of Waka Waka. Ari and I hope to finish it by the time school starts, but it may take longer. We'll give it to Susi and Sofi when we finish. I hope you will like it and that we can actually get it done. 
Anyway, we worked on our projects. We had to tweak our app, but it worked out in the end. At about 11:30, they got all of our projects and we practiced presenting. We also saw the video of the murder. I feel really bad for slapping Susi in the video. I accidentally hit her hard, and the slap was loud. I can't act, and that goes for anything. Ari should have been the murderer. I hope Susi doesn't hate me now.... I'M SORRY SUSI!!!
Anywho, after the practices, we went outside to take pictures. It was a little tense, and we knew we needed to hurry up. No one wanted to do a silly picture, so we all jumped. 
We went in to go eat lunch, and then presentations started. We started with the camp video, which had a few good pictures of me. I loved it.  The video was awesome. I loved it. After that, we started with the projects. We went in a predetermined order, and with only slight hiccups. 
I need to give my electronics to my mom now, but I will finish it tomorrow. 
So tomorrow is here, and I will now finish this post. 
When we had all presented, we got out certificates of completion and then went to go give the roses to Becca. I held the roses while everyone got a rose, and I got caught on quite a few thorns. We all gave her the roses after Linday had said a few words. We each got a hug, and Becca even cried a little. So after this emotional moment, the camp instructors gave out awards. The first was for Jeopardy. The team Ari and I were on won, and we got these awesome backpacks I have wanted since last year. Here's a picture. 
Thank you for them. 
After this, the award for the fingerprinting challenge, the inch worm challenge and the murder challenge. They all got pretty cool things. After that was th special awards. Each girl was given an award. Ari got the "Inovative something and I got the "Beautiful Blogger" award. That really surprised me. I just write what happens, but apparently people like it. I hope you enjoy this blog.
Anywho, after this, it was time for the open lab and then time to go. I was really sad saying goodbye to my friends. What made it really sad is that they live at least four hours away. I hope they stay in touch. 
It's really sad for me because this is the last year Ari and I wil be campers. We have done this for four years, and I think it is time to move on to camp assistants. That is, if we are accepted. I hope Ari and I can somehow stay involved with YWiC. I want to be able to tell people that I have been involved with YWiC for at least a decade. I want to show people that they can be like that too. I have always enjoyed YWiC and always will. I just hope they enjoy me....
After camp, we went to go eat and then take a nap. We were all tired, but we did have to have a little celebration for my niece Amiyah because it was her birthday. She turned five. That was fun. 
That is all I have for now. So long!

1 comment:

  1. zarminarminar zarngarliwarar, dis thime for aftricar. zarminarminar, aye aye, wowka wowka aye aye aaye!

    ReplyDelete