Saturday, July 6, 2013

Independence

Well, today is the 4th of July, and that means one thing. 





FIREWORKS!!!!! 

My day was spent watching movies and getting some stuff done. The day was supposed to go one way, but went another instead. 
My brother was going to take my dad and older sister to the movies, but the movie wasn't showing today. My mom wanted to see a movie, so we rented it. The guys watched it with us. 
Afterward, we cleaned up around the house a little. We even did a little yard work. Around 6 we decided that we would watch another movie. We went to Video 4 to watch Epic. It was pretty epic. And funny. My mom only wanted to see it because of Pitbull.
After the movie, we got hotdogs (and a hamburger for Ari) and went to see the city fireworks show. It was amazing. 
My favorite one has to be the smiley face. It was simple, but it was awesome. It made my day. 
The Fourth of July is a very special day. Some people forget that. For me, it is a constant reminder. When I hear the fireworks, I think of the shots fired and the lives lost for our freedom. I also think of the people who fight for freedom even today. Two of my cousins are in the army, and we are constantly worried. That is what I think about every fourth. And what I will always think about. Sorry to dampen the mood. 
Here's a picture of our new kitten. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry. This wasn't showing up, so I reposted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete