Friday, July 19, 2013

Dirty

Today I woke up at 8 so I could get ready for orchestra. I was really tired, but I didn't want to miss the last day. Our brother told me that he would be taking us to camp. Since my mom didn't have to, she made us some awesome pancakes. It felt like Sunday to me, especially because last week's comics was on the table. 
We got to camp earlier than usual, so we got there with all the others and even before our teacher, though only by a little. We started with tuning. Mr. Rivera had us un-tune our A strings, and then try to tune it back again. I was always a little flat, so I will need to work on that. After we got that string, we worked on the others. I wish more of our orchestra had gone to this camp. The orchestra on a whole would really benefit from the tuning exercises we have learned. 
Next, Mr. Rivera had us practice the c melodic minor one octave scale because we will need to play a three octave scale for the All-State auditions. He had us play the first note of the scale and then sing it. We did the same for all the notes in the scale until we could sing it in tune. We got pretty good. Not choir good, but still. After that, Mr. Rivera had one student play out of tune with the rest of us for the scale, so that we could see how one person can effect the whole orchestra. 
When we finished with that, we worked on rhythms. We focused I cut time and mixed meters. It was relatively easy, but the two stuck-up kids had to question it. Mr. Rivera spent 20 minutes trying to explain it to them. The explanation should have only taken 5 minutes at the most, but they are so stubborn and thick-headed that they could not accept the explanation. We had a break after that, and when we got back, we sight-read a piece that was in 5/4 time, so that the two could understand. After that, we finished off the camp with Farandole!! I was very happy about that. It sounded pretty good. I love playing that piece. I fell in love with it when I first heard Trans-Siberian Orchestra play it. It was amazing. I hope we can play it next year. 
When camp finished, we came home and then started moving the remaining things in our room to one corner of the room. After that, we started taking out the carpet. We completely peeled off all of the carpet and took out the nails. When it was all taken out, we swept all of the dirt that was under the carpet, and there was a lot. There was about 15 year' worth of dirt under there. It's strange to think that I am older than the house I have lived in for almost my entire life. Anyways, after that, Ari and I put the wood in there so that way it could swell if it need to based on the humidity in that room. Here are some pictures. 
Ari and I are going to be super buff! Just kidding, but I do have to do some exercises for my back. Here is an example. 
I have to do a lot of similar exercises as well as core exercises. I hope I will get abs! 
So now I am just waiting for my other brother, Rene, to get here with my niece, Amiyah. 
So long for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment