Friday, July 12, 2013

Long

Today is a long day....
I woke up today at 6:50 because I had to be at PT at 8. At PT, I was on the bike for 15 minutes at level 4, and I still made it to 3.2 miles, however I was drenched in sweat. It was very tiring, and I was very sore after that. After the bike, I went into the back room and did my exercises. She had me do my side crunches on the ball, so it was easier. My mom thought I was cheating when I did it on the floor because I can't really lift myself up much from the floor.
When PT  was done, I went home to take another shower. This was at about 9:10, and my next doctor's appointment was at 11. We got there pretty early and the appointment only lasted about 15 minutes. We know the secretary, and she showed us a video of her daughter, who is about my age, after she got her wisdom teeth out, and it was pretty funny. I hope I never have to get mine removed, because I would die of embarrassment if she recorded it.
When I got to camp, the girls were working on Alice, so I just went to Ari and started helping her. We have half of our video done, and are working on the rest of it. After Alice, we worked on forensics. We took notes on blood spatter, and did activities on blood stain analysis. It was fun.
After the blood stuff, we had an amazing guest speaker. She went to NMSU and has had an amazing career. She would talk to us and then ask us questions. It was very nice to hear that she makes more than her male counterparts. I hope to be like her in my field. She was really cool, and very kind.
After she finished speaking and giving out stuff, we went to lunch and watched Jurassic Park while we ate. When lunch was over, we had open lab and watched the rest of the movie while we worked. I finished most of my code for LilyPad, and most of the painting. I still need it to get approved by Noor, but for now I will sew on the components with regular thread.
Towards the middle of open lab, our awesome friend Jordan came to visit. She is one of my closest friends, which I met at last year's camp. I haven't seen her in months, and I have missed her dearly. Especially her hugs. I wish she had talked in her Wisconsin accent. I really missed her..
Anywho, we showed her our machine gun, and she had fun shooting it. She gave us a few hugs, smelled us awkwardly, and it felt just like always. Then she had to leave. Sadness...
At around 4:30, we went outside with our superpower papers. We filmed us flipping our cards around and then did the standing up activity. We failed epically at it. Then we went inside and continued with blood spatter.
I'll continue this later.
UPDATE:
Ok. After the blood, we had an open lab. I chose to work on my bag. I feel so far behind because I only just finished painting and my code needs a few more things. At around 6, Ari and I left to go eat dinner. We went to an amazing Chinese restaurant and had amazon food. When we were done, we went back to the science hall with Tangled in case the girls wanted to see that. When we got there, we found out that no one was there. Ari and I were alone in the building for a good 20 minutes, and I will say that I was a little freaked out. When they finally got there, we went into the lab and got settled. Linday was the only one there with us, and I applaud her. Don't read this next part Noor and Susi. 

I'll just let you guys know that Linday is my favorite.
I kid of course, but I have known Linday the longest out of all the YWiC people. Anywho, after a while, Linday had us vote on a movie, and after many votes, we picked Pitch Perfect. It was cool until that one girl puked all over the stage. I hate vomit, so this was not good for me. I guess I'll tell you why. When I was in the first grade, I ate a sausage biscuit thing that was pink in the middle. I knew it was not good to eat because my older sister always told me not to eat pink meat. So I go and tell the student teacher, and he tells me to eat it, and that nothing was wrong with it. So of course I eat it, trusting the guy. At lunch, I didn't eat much, and when school got out, I was feeling really crappy. When I got home, I started vomiting every half hour to an hour. It was bad. Most of the time, I wouldn't make it to the trash can, let alone the toilet. After that, it seemed that my stomach got more sensitive. My mom thinks I had some kind of infection that caused me to get sick. From first grade to second, I was constantly vomiting, and none of the doctors could tell me why. Then my mom gave me antibiotics and everything seemed to be alright. Still, that fear of being sick and my fear that I would die still haunts me. I hate feeling nauseated, and anytime I see, hear, smell, of actually vomit, it causes me great anxiety. It really sucked when this four year old threw up on me at my brother's graduation. I couldn't leave, so I had to stay there with vomit all over me and in my hair. So every time the girl threw up in the movie save the first time, Linday would have to tell me "water," which meant for me to leave. They thought I just stepped outside, but I went all the way to the atrium and to the vending machines so I wouldn't hear it. When I saw it, it wasn't too bad because the vomit is fake. Still. Not cool. Oh, and it was awesome hearing Linday sing. She might sing Christine's part in the Phantom of the Opera when she gets really high up there in notes. I hope so. 
So. Prompt. I do not make a habit of keeping up with fashion, so I do not know what's in. I do like funny t-shirts as well as sarcastic shirts. I don't really have anything against other fashions except when people wear hardly anything but pay twice as much for it. What's the point?
Ok. I've said enough. So long for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment