Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Early

Today started with me waking up at about 5. I was woken up by Ari because she had to go to a doctors appointment in El Paso that was at 7:30. When she left (without saying goodbye, I might add,) I could not for the life of me get back to sleep. I finally had to go to my own room to get only a half hour of sleep, before I had to wake up again, only to find out I could wake up later! I was very upset, because I only had about 5 hours of sleep. Oh well, I will go to bed early today.
Ari and Mom got back at about 9:10, so they took me to camp. When we got there, we started with Alice. Ari and I learned how to make a title screen, and we made an intro. We worked on our video, but we didn't get too far.
When we finished, we worked on LilyPad. I got my project approved. I will be doing a Tangled bag, with the tower, waterfall, and a tree, with the lanterns in the sky. I will have it play "I See the Light," which I have already started getting the notes for.
Lunch was Asian food, which is personally not my favorite. We had a very interesting conversation with Sofi and Jade about swimming and certain "gifts" Mother Nature has to give women.
After lunch, we continued working on LilyPad. After LilyPad, we did an activity with spoons and Styrofoam balls. The object was to knock other girls' balls off their spoons while keeping our ball on. I was the winner for one round.
I had to leave for physical therapy after that. At physical therapy, I was on the bike and biked 3.2 miles with the bike on a slightly higher level than I was used to. After that, my P.T. had me do my exercises that I was given. When that was done, she gave me some more exercises. Not cool.
Ok. I have to go, but I will update this when I get home.
UPDATE:
Ok.  Therapy finished at 4:30, so I just had enough time to do the survey and the first half of my blog. I found out that our Segway guy will not work because the creators made their own blocks! Oh well. We'll think of something. 
Now for the prompt! 
My first name is Analyssa. It is of Latin origin and means "graced with God's bounty." This was one of the names my mom liked, but it was not, however, her first choice. My mom originally wanted to name is Anel and Xochitil. I was going to be Xochitil. When we were born, my mom had a vote on what we would be named. Apparently our family didn't like those names and shot them down. I was named Analyssa, and Arianna Arianna. Whenever I think of my name, I think of my sister, Karim, calling me "Analizer" and singing a variation of "Cliff Hanger Hanging from a Cliff" from the show "Between the Lions." I also think of my mom calling me "Ana" because it is just easier.  Anyhow, my middle name is Dianelle. My mom liked the name Diane, but we have a cousin with that name. So instead, she decided to add the "lle" to the end. I always thought it was because she liked the name Diane and Danniel and just combined them. Since my middle name is not really a name, it doesn't have a true meaning. I love my name, and every time I think of my middle name, I think of when I told my middle name to a team member on my softball team. I was sick when I told her, so she thought my middle name was "Ned" and forever called me Ned. It is the only nickname I ever got from a friend and is my favorite. My last name is Martinez. It means the "Son of Martin" and is very common in Latin America. Now for mispronunciations. Very few people will pronounce my name correctly when they first read it. When they first hear it, they think it is just Alyssa. There are so many messed up ways to say my name that I will not tell you them all. I will tell you how my first and middle name so you will impress me when you say my name. 
Ah-Nah-Lee-Sah
Dee-Ah-Neh-D 
This is how I say it, so take it as you will. 
Here are some pictures from Hunger Games. 

My leg and wound. (Not real blood)

Sofia's bloody handprint on my leg. 

2 comments: