Saturday, July 6, 2013

First Day

Well, today was the first day if the residential YWiC camp. Ari and I are attending it, and today was the first day. 
We got there at 3, and were soon joined with our friend Sofi. Then the other girls joined us. We did a name game, and Linday got our names wrong. It was quite amusing. She has known us the longest out of everyone there at YWiC. And she still can't get our names right. Not that I'm mad or upset or anything. Some of my family members have given up, ad they've known me for all my life. It's just funny how upset she was. Enough of this. 
After the name game, we went on a tour of NMSU. It was a long walk in the heat, but it was fun. When we got to the science hall, we took the surveys and made our name plates. After that was done, the girls headed to The Game. Ari and I didn't go because we were supposed to go somewhere with our brother and niece who came to town. That didn't happen. 
When we got back home, our niece Amiyah complained of a stomach ache. She had been complaining since we got to camp we found out, but it got really bad when we got back. She was writhing in pain on the floor, and my mom decided to take her to the doctor. The urgent care was closed, so they took her to the emergency room at the hospital. She's been there for about four hours. They will discharge her soon. The doctors say she has a virus, and to watch her on the trip back to Phoenix. I hope she will be alright. I worry so much. This trip to the hospital has brought back bad memories. Allow me to rant. 
When I was in the 5th grade, I got really sick and I had to go this very hospital. My family thought I had appendicitis and took me to the emergency room. When we got there, I had blood tests done as well as a CT scan. I hate this hospital because of the CT scan. While they were getting started for the scan (and by they I mean the nurses), I began to shake violently. I couldn't stop, and the male nurse told me to try. When I couldn't, he told my mom that if I didn't stop shaking, I could die on the table. It scared me. As I look back on this, I realize that it was sort of a threat. He didn't talk to me, but acted as if I wasn't there. And he was scaring me. I didn't want to die, so I stopped shaking. It turned out that the pain was from my ovaries, and that nothing was wrong. This trip is also the reason I am afraid of blood. 
After all the tests and results came back negative, I was left in my room. I was lying down with the blanket pulled up all the way. I felt something damp by my left arm. I thought I had just spilt water on myself, but the dampness spread. I told my mom, and she went to pull up the blanket. All I saw was red. Apparently, there was a screw that connected the IV to the tube that led to the bag. And somehow, the screw came undone. The dampness was my blood coming out of the connection. There was a lot of blood, and it spilled over off the bed. We kind of freaked out, and all we had to do was pinch the tube. After seeing my blood leak out of me, I started to feel bad. That feeling went away, but the sight of blood causes me to freak out now. I'm really tired right now, so I'll stop my ranting. So long for now!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a horrible experience. :(
    If the forensics bloodspatter bothers you, you can tell us!

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok. Fake blood doesn't bother me. Even if someone else bleeds, it doesn't really bother me. I just don't like seeing my blood pouring out of me. I freaked out when my cat scratched me this morning even though it was only a few drops of blood!

      Delete