Thursday, July 18, 2013

Busy

So today was a very busy day. Well, not really, but it felt like it. 
I got up needing more sleep, but that wasn't an option. I had to get ready for orchestra camp and there was no way I was missing it. We left a little late, but we weren't the last ones there again. When we got to camp, our teacher had us tune our A strings and then the D string. I was only a little flat on my strings, and I was proud of that. He then let us try to tune the other strings. I got pretty close. When we were done with that, we worked on the three octave scales we need to do for All-State. Since we did the major scale yesterday, we worked on the melodic minor today. It was a little challenging, but I played it pretty well considering I had never even looked at it before today. When we finished with that, we did some more rhythms.  Today focused more on eighth and sixtieth notes, whereas yesterday was more on triplets. When we were able to get through most of the section of rhythms, we worked on another piece. I played first part, and I lived it.  It was really fun to play, and sounded very pretty. 
When camp was finished, our sister picked us up and took us to the library for a workshop for zucchini and all the different ways you can cook with it. I am not a big fan of zucchini, but the crisp thing was good. After that, we ate lunch and a Mexican restaurant. We had to go to Walmart after that to go get stuff for the workshop Ari and I had to do for 4-H. When we got home, had to hurry to get our things together for the workshop. We had planned on doing the peanut butter and jelly sandwich "challenge" for the activity, and then showing our YMCA Alice video to show how specific you may need to get with instructions. I had some interesting sandwiches to make. There was only one guy who actually made a correct sandwich, but I found out later that he had cheated. I didn't tell him that I knew, but it still made me upset. I wish I could have told him, but he was tall and intimidating.  There were a lot more activities that I don't want to talk about because it is late, but I will tell you that it was long and tiring. 
So long for now!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment