Saturday, July 13, 2013

Almost There

Today was a little stressful. Mainly because today was the last day we have to work on stuff, and also because Ari and I didn't have as much time because we had to help with the staged murder. I won't tell you what happened, but it took a while and that cut into our project time. Still, I enjoyed helping with it. 
So the day began with Ari and I getting to camp while the rest of the girls were eating. I felt really bad because we had forgotten about the breakfast burritos that were ordered for us. Well, technically the one burrito that Ari and I were supposed to share. I wasn't hungry so Ari had to eat it. 
When camp actually started, we had an open lab, so I worked on my LilyPad bag. I finished sewing the LilyPad onto the bag, when the YWiC instructors asked Ari and I to help them with the crime scene. I won't give any details, but it was fun and bloody (not real blood), and a little scary because we came up with some gruesome stuff. 
When that was done, we went back and I continued to work in my LilyPad. I finished sewing the positives on my components for my bag. We went to lunch and had amazing Lorenzo's pasta. The best part was the bread though. We watched an episode of Dexter for the blood. There was only one inappropriate part that Linday skipped, but the blood was a little much. Susi actually got a little woozy. When we went back in, the girls had to go to the crime scene and figure out what happened. They were to dust for prints, look at the blood spatter, identify the victim(s), the killer(s), and write down what happened. Ari and I went with them and just sat there, not telling them anything. We watched them, which was very facinating. When we finished there, we walked over to Sweet CeCe's for frozen yogurt. Ari and I shared a cup of pomegranate raspberry frozen yogurt. We added some waffle cone bits, some more raspberries, and some cherries. It was awesome. I loved it. We finished ours pretty quickly. While we were in there, some twins came in who were about 5 years old. I didn't see them at first, but Jade pointed them to me. It was very funny how she did. She tapped me in the shoulder and said, " Look. I think those two are of your kind." I laughed a lot when I heard that. We kept looking at them, hoping they would look at us. When we got up to leave, Ari and I started talking about our twin experiences really loudly in the hopes that they would hear and see that we are twins. They did, but Sofia did most of the talking.  We left, and walked back in the heat. When we got back in, Sofi and Jade stole my iPod. They used it to take pictures and time their Alice. I finished my bag, and tried to work on Alice, but I had to do my survey. By that time, our dad was there. We left and went to my Tio's Wife's Brother's Daughter's birthday. Whew. That was long.  Anywho, the brother's name is Tommy, and he is my brother Rene's best friend. They are such great fiends that they had a daughter on the same day, just two years apart. Anywho, we went and then came home. We ate delicious Pizza Hut Pizza, and had to help put some boxes into our shed so we can start to remodel our new room. 
So now for the prompt. If I could volunteer anywhere, I'd volunteer at my sister's office. My sister works at the County Extension Office. She is the County Director as well as the County Home Economist. She does programs that help people with diabetes, healthy living, and excercise. Helping her would get me closer to her and would help me learn more about healthy living. I could also help her advertise her programs at school. I do that anyway, but if I volunteer with her, it will count more. Her programs have the potential to make our community better, that is if people would go to them more than just every so often. She promotes healthy habits which can make people's lives better. She can help those with diabetes try to live better lives, and I want to be a part of it. Before I found YWiC, I wanted to do what my sister does. I love helping people and giving them information that can really help them. Volunteering would satisfy that. 
Ok. I'm done. I'll leave you with a picture of Ari and I dressed the same for the crime. 

2 comments: