Sunday, July 7, 2013

Getting Started

Today was the second day of camp. The day started with an activity outside. We all made a circle, and I am surprised at how good these girls are at the task. So much better than the other camper were, sorry to say.
When we got back inside, we started on core concepts. It was very cold, and my hair was still wet, and I didn't think to bring a jacket. Oh well. I learned for tomorrow.
Core concepts too most of the morning. When that was done, we made posters. Ari and my poster was very boring. (Sorry, but I don't know if that is grammatically correct.)
We presented them and voted on the posters. We had to wait a while after that because the food wasn't ready yet. Ari and I talked to Jade and Sofi in the meantime. Then we went to lunch, and it was amazing.
Lunch was a taco platter. We got to make out own tacos, and mine tasted pretty awesome. When lunch was over, we moved the tables and got ready for the jeopardy game. Our team won, but only by one question, really. Still, I felt bad because I knew we had the obvious advantage because Ari and I were on a team, and we had just done the Jeopardy game a few weeks ago. I felt bad for winning, but Ari felt she had to "redeem" herself. I think it's because we lost last camp, so she felt she needed to do well for this one. Oh well. We did.
After that, we walked over to Starbucks. It was very hot,  and there was hardly a breeze. When we got there, Ari and I got strawberry smoothies. When we all got stuff, we headed back. The smoothies helped with the heat, but not much.
When we got back, we launched into AppInventor. We worked on tutorials, and I almost finished my mini golf app. When we finished, we were told to get into groups of two, or pairs to be more precise. Ari and I decided to split up, so I went with Sofi, and Ari went with Jade. I have decided that Ari and I will not work together this week. I don't think Ari knows about this yet. I'll let her find out by reading this blog.
Sofi and I decided to do a Hunger Games personality quiz app. It should be fairly easy to do this once we have our questions and answers.
Now for the prompt!!!
Tell us about your self! Where are you from? What are your thoughts on camp so far?
 
Ok. I am 15 and will be a sophomore next school year at Centennial High School here in Las Cruces. I have been interested in Computer Science for the past four years. I hope to go to NMSU to pursue a degree in computer science or computer programming. I love the color teal, white tigers, and reading. I have a twin sister who is 11 minutes younger than me, as well as three other siblings who are at least a decade older than me. I really had five parent when I think about it. I was born and raised here in Las Cruces. My thoughts of camp are that it is great and I am having fun. I get to program, so that makes me happy.
So long for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment